Google Penguin 4.0 – Important Updates to Know
On September 23 just this year, the Google Core Algorithm has welcomed its new member which is the Google Penguin 4.0.
A lot of people have been awaiting for this. This article will mainly talk about the benefits brought about Penguin 4.0.
1. Penguin 4.0 is now available in all parts of the globe and in all languages. While the rules remain similar for everyone, the websites have impact independence regardless of their location.
2. The real-time feature of Penguin 4.0 is the talk of the town. This means that whenever the Google changes information in the page or the linked pages, then its rankings will be changed also. This would mean that the rewards or consequences of your actions can be noticed in no time.
3. In case you get a penalty from Google, the real-time algorithm makes you recover faster from it. A webmaster should perform the best way he can in removing harmful links and improving the site, if it is penalized. If this is the case, you will see the desired results in no time, after Google has recrawl your site’s pages.
4. Penguin 4.0 is a part in the core algorithm of Google. This is one of the huge announcements of Google about the update. Continuously monitoring the backlink profile is what you should do.
5. Penguin is more granular than before. The algorithm do not give its focus on the entire website but on the certain pages toxic links. It will be more hard to track the micro-penalties. That is why, it is essential to audit your site’s important pages and subdomains more often.
Now, how can you ensure you benefit from this Penguin 4.0?
The danger of this Penguin is that you will never get a notice that your site is already penalized. You will only get a hint that you are penalized when you notice indirect signs such as declined positions and a sharp drop.
What is good here is that your actions will yield the results more quick than before. This can be beneficial for you. This would mean that the recovery process is more fast as well as the penalization process. Following are some ideas and tips to help you protect your site.
Always check your position. You can stop the changes in the position, but it is better to get informed through setting up a regular email alert. The backlink profile needs to be cleaned to ensure it is healthy all the time. So, you have to check for the new backlinks and the lost ones too. Perform a backlink audit on the whole site. You need to perform this step as the Penguin becomes more granular. Finally, you have to set up properties in the search console of Google for every subdomain while updating the disavowed file.
Supporting reference: click this